Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Dear Lord.....

Each night as I lay down to sleep I close my eyes and begin to say my prayers softly. This week I can't help but give more reflection as we begin the Christmas season. One could say that this is a difficult time of the year for me. It is hard for me to get in the "spirit" and even harder for me to tolerate the frills of it all at times. However I will pause and reflect a little more closely this year due to all that has occurred in the world.

Many friends have lost jobs, many loved ones have become ill and the tone of the world seems a little less joyous then most years past. However, I feel more thankful and grateful than ever before for all that I do have. I have been blessed with a wonderful family.I could not ask for more loving and fun people to surround myself with. I have been sent an angel this year who I truly see spending the rest of my life with. And as I have said all along...good things come to those who wait. I have friends who I am may not get to see often, but I know are always there. I have my health and memory and can function freely. I am able to get up and go to a job everyday that I love and I can put food on my table. I live in a country that is free and allows me all the opportunities in the world to be anything and everything I have dreamed I could be.

So Dear Lord on this Thanksgiving, thank you for this life you have given me and thank you for all that I have to look forward to.

JAR

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, you have a gift for putting your heart in your words! Here I am reading this at 1am because I can not sleep. Love you!

    ReplyDelete