Friday, March 5, 2010

Cakes, Flowers, Dresses....Ohy!

"Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry" ~ Tom Mullen

I have now been on this wedding planning ride for roughly three months now and it still amazes me how much there is to do. I mean I knew that planning a wedding would be a lot....but nobody tells you about all of the details...small details that take up so much of your time. I have to admit there have been times that I have thought about tossing the whole plan out the window and eloping (at a tropical location of course)...but then I refrain. Overall I see the big picture...but why does it have to be so time consuming and expensive? Ugh.

So on a brighter note...some of the wedding planning is a lot of fun. This week I chose the bridesmaid dresses (so fun) and Josh and I are cake testing tomorrow. I suppose there are some perks to planning. I am really looking forward to testing the cakes...makes this crazy diet I am on seem worth it. I have a sense that I may prefer one vendor over another simply due to their love of Pugs. Maxie B's is a quaint little bakery in Greensboro and they are known for their great cakes and cupcakes......but the owner also has three pugs of her own...so maybe that is a sign!

Also on Saturday, Josh will be taking me to the jeweler who designed my beautiful engagement ring. I can't wait to meet him and thank him for the wonderful job he did on recreating the beauty of my grandmother's ring. I also hope that he will be able to restore a pair of pearl earrings that my grandfather gave to me. They are a pair that he brought back from the Philippines to give to my grandmother....and now I own them. I really want to wear them on my wedding day. And finally on Sunday...we will meet with Father Kelleher (the priest who will marry us) to have lunch and review some of our pre cana work. He officiated my brother's wedding and he has been a long time family friend...love him!

So as you can see the madness never ends....but the one thing that I keep telling myself through all of this (other than the fabulous honeymoon) is that the day will make me Mrs. Hammond....FINALLY!

Love to all

JAR

1 comment: