Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hello Again...its been awhile

"Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat."
- Joanne Woodward


Yep...it has been awhile since we last talked...but I promise it has been for a good reason.....I am now married!

Life has been very good, no wait...GREAT for me since August 28th...I could never have imagined that being married would be so wonderful. I sometimes wonder why the heck it took me so long to come around to the whole marriage idea! I absolutely love waking up every morning next to Josh and the favorite part of my day is coming home after work and spending time with my boys (Winston and Josh of course). Knowing that I have my best friend with me at my side is the most amazing experience. I am truly blessed.

Marriage is a funny thing. I have definitely learned quickly the art of compromise. As a stubborn person this was not the easiest of tasks to learn (or accept), however I am an observer and I noticed quickly that this was essential to the survival of a marriage. Oh don't get me wrong..there have been plenty of times that I want to stomp my feet and scream "I am right...I am right"....but I know that won't win any battles. One of our dear family friends, Suzan Monk gave Josh and I this key piece of advice before we got married: "Being happy is far better than being right". Great advice. Every time I think I want to argue (like how the right way to fold laundry should be or cooking pasta a certain way)..I always go back to that statement. I have a strong suspicion that this mentality will be VERY helpful in the future with kids!

I am excited about the coming year for Josh and I. 2011 will be big for us in many ways. We hope to make decisions on where we both want to be with our jobs...hopefully we will also be in the market for a new home. And who knows what else will be on our agendas (smile). Whatever our futures may hold...I am ready and up for the adventure.

I wish you all a wonderful holiday and I hope that you will be able to share this time with your closest family and friends. I look forward to writing in the new year!

Love always
Jenny (aka: JRH)

No comments:

Post a Comment