Monday, May 11, 2009

Chicken gizzards?

So it was my first trip to Goldsboro this weekend to visit Josh's parents. And of course while I was there I had to try out the famous Wilber's BBQ. My brother Joe said he always eats there when he travels through to Morehead City with his buddy Jackson...and it's been noted as one of the best on the "eastern" part of the state. Indeed it was. I enjoyed every bit of mine including the banana pudding. However it did take me a second to remember that it was "eastern BBQ" and the slaw was white not red. Smile. The best part of the meal was watching Josh's Dad eat chicken gizzard's!! Have you ever heard of such a thing? Well, I suppose there is a first for everything. And I know what you are thinking....I did not try it. There are some things in life I just rather not know about! So if you are ever in Goldsboro...be sure to stop by Wilber's and as for some of that yummy BBQ and if you are up for it....ask for the chicken gizzard's too!


Thanks for a great visit Pam and Bill!

JAR



2 comments: