Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Cross My Heart....

Well, George Strait did not sing 'I Cross My Heart' for Mom ( I think he only is allowed to sing it for his wife)....but he did sing close to 23 other of his best songs included a 3 song encore which included a great Johnny Cash tune. The evening, which was an early 35th Anniversary gift for Mom and Dad turned out to be a lot of fun. Thanks to Josh, we got treated with the VIP royalty! Mike and Joe had a great time to say the least (they loved the access to the VIP lounge); Mom and Dad enjoyed just singing and people watching, and I of course was amused by seeing Josh run around all night. I can't determine what my favorite part of the evening was. It's a toss up between Joe and Mike meeting Josh for the first time, hearing Mom declare that her "next" concert she was wearing a mini jean skirt and cowgirl boots or could it have been Joe riding the bull, Mike drooling over Julianne Hough, or might even have been the boys trying to sing along to every single word of George's song? I don't know. I do know that I was the one that had to ride in the middle of frick and frat all the way back to Burlington. Now that was a treat for sure! All in all......I would not trade one moment. It was perfect....and as George would sing..."It just doesn't get any better than this"





JAR



Our view from the VIP Box


The boys getting "in good" with the BF



Need I say more?



Joe in his Cowboy state of mind



My "Cowboy". Ahh shucks!



The two that started it all 35 years ago....




The family....minus Lynn, Michael and Kers...we missed you!








No comments:

Post a Comment