Friday, May 8, 2009

What a Guy!

It is difficult to know at what moment love begins; it is less difficult to know that it has begun-Longfellow

Ta Da! So there he is.....Mystery Man himself. Josh. Yes....I asked his permission before I threw him into my world of fame. I made sure he was OK with the limelight, autographs, talk shows and the endless gossip that was bound to come his way. After all....he has been a mystery for so long! He said he was OK with it....so be gentle with him.


So one can assume that if I was brave enough to put Josh on the blog that things must be going well. Assume correctly. Folks, life just does not get much better than this! For all of the bad relationships, the relationships that were good but just were not the right fit, for the late nights crying wondering if I would ever find that right Mr. Someone for me......my time has arrived. I am very much enjoying my time in this relationship and I am enjoying every minute I get to spend with Josh. There is no doubt that he has been sent to me (or is being paid very handsomely by my father to get me off his hands!).


I am not an easy person to get along with....I am the first to admit that. I would like to think that I have some positive attributes....but in the end I believe the negatives far outweigh the positives. However, Josh never makes me feel that way. He always makes me feel good about myself and I am actually sitting on a pedestal for the first time in my life. I have to admit...I like it up here! He is a patient man and he understands that I am not and at times....space is what I need the most. He doesn't even need to be asked....he just quietly steps away. But he also has a knack of stepping in when I need it the most. What a guy!


Josh comes from a wonderful family, a loving family and is surrounded by a great group of friends. So it was very easy to explain to him how important my family was to me. He has embraced that we are close and little nutty and that we truly enjoy being with each other. He has also taken on the task of embracing the "other" family member as well.....little guy Winston. So much so that he now brings him Dingos and toys. Winston sits with him on the couch now, not me. Clearly, the dog 's affection can be bought! Ha! Overall...he tolerates the shedding, my obsession for him and the need to factor his presence in all of our travels.


I think at my age I know a good thing when I see it....and I have a good thing! How we got here is a great story and where we are going will be even a better one. I look forward to telling those for years to come. In the mean time I will continue to learn more about Josh and hope that he will learn more about me. I also hope that I don't do anything to mess it up! Yikes!


JR



No comments:

Post a Comment