Monday, March 9, 2009

Dating in 2009

“No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry”


So perhaps this is the mantra that I should have been living my dating life by for the last twelve years. I am sure there would have been far less heartaches and many smarter picks in the bunch of my dating choices. However I am sure I would not have learned as much..... right?


As I tip toe back into the world of dating and do so in 2009 you would think that even though I have elected to take the last eight or so months off, I should be an old pro at this. WRONG. It's different now for some reason. At 32 people look and act differently. They just do. I for example am for less likely to just go out with just anyone and I am becoming very, very picky. I always thought that I was not that way, but maybe because I have chosen not to settle that I am very determined to be even pickier in my dating habits. I find it even more ironic that the notion of being 32, single and not married was weird...is um....not so weird anymore!


The other "fun" thing about this dating journey is the advice and assistance of others who all of the sudden become dating experts. Like the uncle (not naming any names....because they are still one of my favorite uncles) who suggests the CatholicMatch.com site because it worked for a friend of a friend. Or the local neighbor who says the speedating scene is where it is at. Or perhaps that occasional nudge from a co-worker or friend that suggests that joining a gym or a book club would be healthy. The list could go on and on. So you just have to find a point where you either live with it or you chose to live with out it.


So this past week....I finally caved and decided to live with it. An old friend from high school suggested that perhaps a friend of hers meet me for a blind date. Now of course the thought of that made me want to just cringe. But at this point...I was not desperate...but "open" to all possibilities. Smile.


Now folks I am not one for predictions, preminitions, etc. However....so far...I am very proud of myself for staying in the game and taking a chance on love. Because sometimes....you just never know what's around the corner. And the old saying goes....sometimes you have to kiss a lot of toads to find your prince.


Until.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment