Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nanny

Today would have been Nanny Kirk's 93rd birthday. And if she were here....we would be celebrating it for sure. She loved her birthday (Perhaps that's where I get my love for my birthday from)! It's hard to believe she has been gone for almost 5 years....it seems like only yesterday that she was sitting in her chair laughing or arguing with Aunt Mary about something.

I miss Nanny and I would give anything to just have five minutes with her to smell her Halston's perfume, see her ring on her finger that was always spun upside down, or touch her soft skin that had worn from the years of raising 7 children, or listening to the stories she told of life as a young girl in Philly or perhaps hearing her sing along to Lawrence Welk on TV.

I adored Nanny. And there is never a day that I don't miss her. So on this day....I take a moment to say "Happy Birthday Nanny" to wherever your peaceful soul may be.

Love, Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,
    Nice blog - yep our Nanny Kirk was definetly a character and loved life. I think about her often, especially when I run across a letter she has written me - that I have kept, she was always good about remembering all of our birthdays. A lot of great memories on my part.

    Don't look to hard and your special someone will come along. That seems to be how it always happens.
    Take care - Debbie S. Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss Nanny too...so much. It is hard to believe it has been 5 years now since she left us. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete