Friday, March 6, 2009

Sunny Carolina Fridays....

So as I sit and stare out my window over the HVAC system here at Elon....I am envious of the students throwing the Frisbees and frolicking in the sun. Long gone are the days of skipping class (oh come on...we all did it once or 20 times) and just enjoying a sunny Friday. It's so hard to believe that not four days ago we had six inches of snow on the ground and it was 15 degrees. And now it is sunny and a nice 71 degrees outside. I am so looking forward to a weekend of absolutely nothing..perhaps a good workout and a nice walk with the pug. These are the weekends that get me excited about the Spring and Summer when Fridays at 5pm are made up of beers and good times.

So off to my first Carolina Hurricanes game tonight. I have never been to an NHL game before, so I expect to be doing a lot of people watching. Heck....it cannot be that much different from a NASCAR race right? The only difference is that your indoors instead of outdoors, your beer is in a plastic cup instead of a koozie, the players are padded versus the drivers in cars. Other than that I understand the fans to be rowdy, offensive and the atmosphere is loud. If all goes well...I might just be setting myself up for a new addiction! Go Canes!

No comments:

Post a Comment